I’m a little late to this party. But what fun would a party be without a few grand entrances once the music has started? In this case, the party started a few weeks ago. That just means I’m really fashionably late.
Early in December, the Charmed… I’m Sure blog posted this call to an “experiment in magical, radical, transformation”:
So, you’re supposed to be, like, magicians, occultists, witches in the woods and the kitchen and on the soccer field, right? Workers of wonder. Dream weavers. People who get shit done. Isn’t this the year to make your own luck? You’re feeling especially awful with the nights that never end and run over by the holidaze and you can’t drink joie forever before needing a meeting. So now’s the fucking time. Don’t wait until that stupid glitter ball drops and you’re already making drunk and/or sentimental mistakes, start now. Start now when it’s hardest. Start now when you feel so weighed down with emotions better left to glittery and not so glittery vampires and when you feel like you could sleep forever. Now is the time you need to wake up. Get up, get up! Don’t miss this moment. Create magics great and small, mundane and mystical. Find everything you’ve been looking for, mysteries revealed in every form of divination and song and when you fuck it up, when you are too tired to try, bring each other up from bloodied knees to get back up smiling. You are all made of stars and you have stardust in your veins. Do something about it.
Can I get a hell yeah?!
Actually, my work on this has already started. On Sunday evening, January 1st, I did a ritual for the Festival of Janus, calling on Janus, Antinous in his lunar aspect, and Helios/Sol. As the Roman god of doorways, beginnings and endings, and the past and the future, Janus is the perfect god to work with on New Year’s Day. As part of the ritual, I worked with Antinous as the moon to determine and meditate on the things in my life that I wanted to leave behind in the past. I particularly meditated on the things that would keep me from becoming fully mature as an individual.
I also worked with Helios as the sun to determine and meditate on the things in my life that I want to bring into manifestation in 2012. These are more than just resolutions, more than just goals. This is about working will. This is about transformation. This is about magic!
What I share here are the intentions that I am going to be putting energy into during the coming months. This is where I will be working my will. This is where I get down and dirty and “do something about it.”
- I intend to inhabit a healthier body by the end of the 2012. This does not translate into a weight loss goal. I’m a bear. I’m happy being a bear. I have a tummy, and I get plenty of attention with a tummy, thank you. However, a little over a year ago I had surgery on a torn quadriceps tendon. My right knee/leg is still healing. I intend to help that healing along, and bring a healthier body along with it.
- I intend to build and nurture intimate relationships with those whom I can share my spirituality and participate in magical practice with. I did a similar ritual last year to the one that I just did a few days ago. In that ritual I asked for a sexual and romantic partner to come into my life that I could share my magical practice with. That request was fulfilled… although not quite in the way I expected. I thought of asking for the same thing this year, but I realized that I didn’t need to ask for what I already have. I do however, need to build and nurture what already exists, while still being open to new things that may come. Oh, yeah, and I also asked for more sex, because, you know, who doesn’t want more of that?
- I intend to help build and nurture the Gnostic and Antinoan spiritual communities in Portland. The Gnostics already have a presence here in Portland. Queen of Heaven Gnostic Church has been established for ages. I’d love to see Queen of Heaven continue to grow, but my main focus of energy with the Gnostics will be in assisting Msgr. Scott Rossbach in the establishment and growth of Rose Cross Community AJC. As far as the Antinoan community goes, The Ekklesia Antinoou does not currently have a presence in Portland. I intend to change that.
- To enter into a discernment process to determine if I wish to pursue ordination in one of the spiritual traditions I am a part of.
- To consistently update this blog 3 times a week and develop my skills as a spiritual writer.
There you have it. Only 4 days into the new year and it’s a new dawn, a new day, a new me, and I’m feeling good. No, really. I’m feeling good. 2012 is the year to get shit done. I’ll be using this space over the next few days to get caught up on the New Year, New You challenge. After that? Who knows. I’m made of stars and have stardust in my veins. Now that the party has started I’m ready to get out on the dance floor and live the dance. Let’s party.